Monday, February 10, 2014

Spontaneous Beach Day

Start small, right? So, for my first post I thought I would just share about how I spent my Saturday. Since I got off of work early, I picked up one of my closest friends from his house so we could hang out. We didn't have any plans and the weather was nice for the first time in a long time so we decided to go to the beach!

Living on the northshore of New Orleans the gulf isn't too far away. The gulf in relation to Louisiana, though, is swamp. However, the coast of Mississippi is only an hour away. We honestly expected to drive an hour just to run into a dingy strip of sand that met the gulf and then drive home laughing. So we made the short road trip, with a lot of laughing and dancing, and followed street signs and google maps to this awesome beach! There was almost white sand, fire pits, a pavillion, and it was right next to a marina full of pretty boats.

We immediately parked, walked along the beach and what we thought was a pier that ended up being closed. We talked about our dumb luck, took pictures of the sunset, and vowed to come back when we could lay out all day and build a bondfire in one of the tiles fire pits while drinking beer with more friends. We drove along the ocean, spotted a seafood restaurant, and pigged out on fried shrimp and fries!

It was getting late so we headed back, with a detour where we tried to find a Krispy Kreme but failed, and made it home. I was tired, but elated about our spontaneous day and the prospect of long summer days on the beach with a beer in hand.
Oh how I wish it was spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment